Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fun with beer at home

So we had this beer tasting event at our house last Friday.
It was pretty darn fun.  I learned that I like specific types of beer - and when contrasting it against other really good beers, I was honing in on my taste.

As far as the competition went, I brought the winner!  It was Full Moon Pale Ale.  I always liked Blue Moon - this is just a Seasonal Winter brew.  Thinking it would be especially good for it being a blind taste test - yet I barely won.  Nobody gave it extreme praise, but it was tasty and drinkable enough for most everybody to not give it a bad grade.  My personal favorite was the "La Fin Du Monde" - which I've had before at the Metropolian in Federal Hill before it burned down (but has since reopened!).  I think the Du Monde finished 3rd - behind the close placed 2nd of Stella Arquois.

One of the participants at the beer tasting had a conversation with Baltimore Sun Beer Blogger, Rob Kasper - and decided to feature our little event in his publication. 

Check it out here:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/news/kasperontap/

No comments: